“SERVICE ABOVE SELF”
is a long standing Rotary motto.
Members of the Rotary Club of Lafayette volunteer locally, regionally and
internationally to combat hunger, enrich education, support clean water projects,
improve living conditions, promote peace and eradicate polio throughout the world.
How Did Rotary Start?
first Rotary club was organized in Chicago, Illinois by Paul Harris, an
attorney. The first meeting was held on February 23, 1905.
The name Rotary was chosen because the club met in rotation at each member’s place of business.
The Rotary idea of friendship, fellowship, and service to others quickly spread to six continents.
The Rotarian and “Service”
News and Announcements
2012 Rotary Golf Tournament
Monday, June 11, 2012
Rossmoor Golf Course
|For More information click here
To sign up click here
emphasis in Rotary is the desire to be of service. Rotarians
participate in one of the following areas of service: Club Service,
Community Service, Vocational Service and International Service.
The Rotary Club of Lafayette conducts a wide variety of service
activities which include or have included the following:
• Scholarships for school youths
• Concert at the Reservoir with proceeds provided for purchase of
musical instruments by participating schoolbands
• Youth leadership programs
• Funds and members’ time for polio prevention and eradication programs
• High School age youth exchange to and from foreign countries
• Town Hall and Lafayette Library
• Lafayette Art and Wine Festival
• Meals on Wheels
• Fire truck provided to a rural village in Baja, Mexico
• Water pumping system, Mulege, Mexico
• Water and sanitation for a home on the Navajo Nation Reservation in Arizona
• Jaws of Life for Santa Catarina,
Nuevo Leon, Mexico
• “Avoidable Blindness Program” in India
• Shelter boxes to Indonesia and Haiti following earthquakes
• LN-4 Artificial Hand